Terms of Service
- These Terms of Service apply to the use of Syndicate VC (as defined below). By using Syndicate VC, you agree to the Terms of Service. If you do not wish to agree on them, you cannot use Syndicate V
- Venture Crew Limited (hereinafter “Venture Crew”, “Syndicate VC”, “we”, “us”) is a company with limited liability being established and existing under the laws of The Cyprus, having its registered office at Cyprus, Limassol, Kato Polemidia, Chloe 5, 4154. and active on syndicate.venture-crew.com
- We advise you to read these Terms of Service carefully so that you are aware of your rights and obligations when using Syndicate VC.
- Venture Crew has developed a website which is an online database of technology companies and investors (hereinafter “Content”). The service of Syndicate VC consists of making the Content accessible through the Website in the form of Content as a Service under the name Syndicate VC. You obtain access to Syndicate VC through your Account (hereinafter “Account”).
- If you you comply in full with all obligations pursuant to these Terms of Service, Venture Crew will grant you a limited, personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable and non-transferable right to use Syndicate VC, including the Content.
- These Terms of Service apply, to the exclusion of your terms of conditions, to all agreements between you and Venture Crew and every use made of Syndicate VC via your Account.
- Venture Crew may, at all times, amend or supplement these Terms of Service. The most up-to-date Terms of Service can always be found on the Website. Continued use of Syndicate VC after any such changes shall constitute your consent to the changes.
- Additions to and/or deviations from these Terms of Service are only valid when confirmed in writing by Venture Crew.
3. Service and Availability
- To the best of its ability, Venture Crew will make efforts to provide Syndicate VC with due care. Venture Crew may use subcontractors or third party licensors to provide Syndicate VC.
- Each and every use of Syndicate VC is for your own risk and responsibility. You accept that Syndicate VC, including the Content, only contains the functionalities and other characteristics as it contains at the moment of your use (“as is” and “as available”).
- Syndicate VC is at all times entitled, without prior announcement and without in any becoming liable to you:
– to make procedural and technical alterations and/or improvements to the Content and/or Syndicate VC and
– to (temporarily or permanently) discontinue, limit or terminate Syndicate VC or your Account. Venture Crew will notify you of the temporary unavailability or restricted use of Syndicate VC insofar as reasonably possible.
4. Account and Subscriptions
- To use Syndicate VC, you must create an Account by following the registration process on the Website. You warrant that all information you provide to Syndicate VC, including the information you provide during registration is accurate, complete and up-to-date at any time. You warrant that you have reached the age of 16 years, or that you have permission of your parent and/or guardian to create an Account.
- Upon registration of the Account you receive and/or create identifiers in order to obtain access to the Account. You are responsible for keeping the identifiers secret. As soon as you know or have reason to suspect that the identifiers are no longer secret, or that the Account is being abused, you must notify Syndicate VC immediately and take all necessary steps to prevent unauthorised access. Syndicate VC is not liable for any loss or damage of unauthorised access or use of your Account.
- A User must obtain personal identifiers to access to the Account of a Customer. The Customer is the person or legal entity that has a subscription for the use of Syndicate VC by a set number of Users. Separate identifiers may be created for as many Users as Customer’s plan allows.
- If the subscription of the Customer terminates, for whatever reason, User’s right to access and/or use Syndicate VC will be terminated automatically.
- It is not permitted to:
– create more than one (1) free Account.
– create an Account for another natural person or legal entity.
– provide access to the Account to another natural person or legal entity.
– create more identifiers for Users to Customer’s Account than licensed by Syndicate VC.
– create an Account by “bot” or any other automated method, Account creation is solely permitted to humans.
5. Your Obligations
- You may not resell, distribute, or in any other way make profit using the Content of Syndicate VC.
- You are not permitted to use Syndicate VC for a purpose as listed below or make content – including all information, data or material
(hereinafter “Content”) – available: which, at the discretion of Syndicate VC, is discriminating or is otherwise deemed hurtful, offensive or inappropriate;
– in which personal data is made available, other than in compliance with applicable law;
– which contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots or other software which can damage automated work or make it unusable or inaccessible or delete it, or which can appropriate it or which is intended to circumvent technical protection measures of Syndicate VC, the Content and/or the computer systems of Syndicate VC;
– which infringes the rights of Syndicate VC and/or third parties, including but not limited to IP-rights or rights concerning the protection of privacy;
– which qualifies as or transmits unwanted or unsolicited material or content (spam);
– is contrary to these Terms of Service or any applicable laws or regulations, is in any other manner unlawful or which could prejudice the interests and reputation of Syndicate VC.
- Venture Crew reserves the right, without prior notice, to abridge, alter, refuse and/or remove Content if this is necessary in Venture Crew’s opinion, without this resulting in any liability.
- If payment for premium accounts or other Syndicate VC services has been agreed to by the Customer, the Customer shall pay said agreed-upon charges.
- All fees are in Euros and/or USD and do not include taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities.
- Syndicate VC is entitled to change its pricing structure, charges to Syndicate VC users, and resulting fees at any time, without becoming liable to any Customers, and will inform existing premium Customers of such changes if such changes directly affect the paying Customer. If you do not agree with the changes of charges you may terminate your Account in writing within thirty (30) days after the notification as of the date on which the adjustment would take effect.
- An upgrade from the free plan to any paying plan will immediately trigger the paying obligations of this article.
- Complaints regarding Venture Crew or the invoice do not suspend your payment obligation.
- If you fail to provide full and timely payments, Venture Crew has the right to immediately suspend your access to Syndicate VC.
- Syndicate VC is provided on a non-refundable basis by default. Unless explicitly agreed otherwise, there will be no refunds or credits for partial months of Syndicate VC, refunds for the upgrade or downgrade of the number of users, refunds for months of license to Syndicate VC unused with an activated Account or for unauthorised use of an Account.
- Any Customer who disputes a credit card payment that is found to be valid will be permanently banned from using Syndicate VC.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
- Syndicate VC’s intellectual property rights – including but not limited to copyrights, database rights, tradename rights, and the Content (hereinafter “IP rights”) – are held by Syndicate VC or its licensors. Nothing in the Terms of Service is intended to or shall transfer any of Syndicate VC’s IP rights to you.
- You retain all IP rights to the content you provide directly to Syndicate VC. However, by making available or uploading Content to Syndicate VC you automatically grant Syndicate VC a cost-free, worldwide, sub-licensable and transferrable right to use this Content insofar as is related to Syndicate VC.
- You warrant that you hold all the rights relating to the Content and fully indemnify Syndicate VC of any infringement claims regarding the Content.
- Save to the extent that it is allowed by mandatory statutory law, you may not reproduce or decompile the Content or apply reverse engineering to it. Furthermore, removal and/or circumvention of security measures or technical limitations (to use) of Syndicate VC and/or the Content is not allowed.
9. Term and Termination
- Your Account is for an indefinite period of time. You can terminate your Account at any time by clicking on the Account link in the global navigation bar at the top of the screen. The Account screen provides a simple no questions asked cancellation link. You are solely responsible for properly cancelling your Account. An email or phone request to cancel your Account is not considered cancellation.
- If you are a paying Subscriber, you must give thirty (30) days notice of your intent to terminate.
- In the event the Account is terminated, there will be no reversal of that which Syndicate VC has already delivered nor the related obligation to make payment. You will not receive any refunds as a result of termination.
- Upon termination of the Account, Syndicate VC shall immediately make the Account inaccessible to you. Syndicate VC may delete the Content saved into the system and has no obligation to restore the Content or assist in any data conversion.
- Syndicate VC may, without prior notice and without becoming liable to you, terminate your Account with immediate effect if:
– you do not fulfil your payment obligations; or
– you in any way violate these Terms of Service.
- Venture Crew does not accept any liability for damages resulting from an attributable failure in the performance of Syndicate VC and/or on account of an unlawful act or otherwise, where this is permitted under mandatory law.
- If Venture Crew is liable for damage on whatever ground, Venture Crew shall be liable solely for direct damage suffered by you up to an amount not exceeding that of your payments to Syndicate VC in the three (3) months preceding the event that caused the damage.
- Any liability on Venture Crew’s part for indirect loss, including but not limited to consequential loss, loss and/or damage of data, loss of profit and loss of revenue, loss of savings, reduced goodwill, damage by business interruption and damage as a result of claims from third parties is excluded.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results or the use of this Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- Loss of income or revenue;
- Loss of business;
- Loss of profits or contracts;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of data;
- Loss of goodwill;
- Wasted management or office time;
And for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- The restrictions mentioned in the preceding paragraphs of this article will lapse if and in so far as the damage is the result of intentional or wilful recklessness on the part of Syndicate VC or its managers (“own actions”).
- No right to damages shall exist unless you notify Syndicate VC in writing of the damage promptly after it has arisen. Any claim for damages against Syndicate VC shall become extinguished by the mere lapse of one (1) month after the claim has come into being.
- Venture Crew is released from all contractual obligations and liability (e.g. for damages) if Venture Crew’s performance is prevented or effected by force majeure or force majeure of Venture Crew’s subcontractor.
11. Warranties and Indemnifications
- The enumerations of guarantees and indemnifications in this article are not exhaustive.
- Syndicate VC does not guarantee:
– Syndicate VC’s fitness for a particular purpose or that Syndicate VC shall meet any of your requirements;
– that Syndicate VC shall be available to you at all times and without interruptions or disturbances;
– that the results of Syndicate VC are accurate, up to date or complete; or
– that Syndicate VC does not infringe the (IP) rights of you or a third party;
- Syndicate VC is not responsible for:
– the purchase and/or the proper operation of your infrastructure;
– loss, damage, inaccuracy and/or incompleteness of any Content.
– transmission errors, malfunctions or non-availability of computer, data or telecom facilities, including the internet;
– any unauthorised use or attempted use of Syndicate VC;
– making backup copies of any Content; or
– the management, including checking the settings, the use of Syndicate VC and the manner in which the results of Syndicate VC are used.
- You guarantee that you will not use Syndicate VC and/or the Content in a way that: infringes the rights of Syndicate VC or third parties, including but not limited to IP rights or rights in relation to the protection of privacy; is contrary to any current legislation or regulations; or is contrary to any provision in these Terms of Service.
- You guarantee that, if you register an Account on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you have the authority to bind such entity, its affiliates and all users who access Syndicate VC through your Account to these Terms of Service. You indemnify Syndicate VC against all damages and costs it incurs of which result from unauthorised registration.
- You indemnify Syndicate VC against all damage and costs, including “ but not limited to “damage resulting from (alleged) infringements of IP-rights, claims by third parties, collection costs, the statutory commercial interest, loss of profits, penalties incurred and legal fees, which Syndicate VC incurs or which result from (i) attributable breach of the Terms of Service by you, (ii) any use of Syndicate VC by you or (iii) an unlawful act.
- The material displayed on this Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Syndicate VC may transfer rights and obligations arising from these Terms of Service to third parties and will notify you of this. You are not permitted to transfer to third parties any right derived from an Account without Syndicate VC’s prior written consent.
- These Terms of Service and the use of Syndicate VC are governed by Dutch law.
- To the extent that national or international rules of law do not prescribe otherwise as mandatory, any disputes that arise or are related to agreements concluded subject to these Terms of Service, or arise therefrom, will solely be submitted to the competent court in Amsterdam.
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to email@example.com